Grow Your HVAC Business in 2017
If you are serious about growing your Heating and Air Conditioning company in 2017, and I know you are! Let’s look at a few simple things you can implement that drive big returns for your company. These techniques are simple, cost effective, and drive sales!
Develop a Referral Program
Referrals are a must for heating and air conditioning companies! The average consumer knows very little about their home’s hvac system and even less on who to call for service or installation. Studies show most home owners don’t even know the brand of the equipment that keeps them comfortable. Word of mouth marketing is huge in our industry.
Take Advantage When You Are Top of Mind
Strike while the iron is hot! Heating and air conditioning services are out of sight and out of mind to the consumer……except when they need you! So capitalize on the opportunity when you come out and fix their problem…..You are their hero! So, it’s time to use that to your advantage. Here are a few simple things you can do to drive referrals:
- Offer a coupon for future services
- A gift card for their favorite restaurant
- A donation to their charity of choice
In today’s digital world, having your customer’s email is vital! It’s probably more important than having their phone number. Email marketing is a great tool to keep your company and it’s services top of mind with your customers. Remember the average consumer is not thinking about heating and air conditioning. Email marketing can be used in many ways:
- Maintenance reminders and scheduling
- Special offers during the slow seasons
- Other services you offer (Ex. duct cleaning or indoor air quality upgrades)
- Follow-ups from recent service, installation, or maintenance visits
This leads right into the last method to grow your business in 2017…..
Effective Media Solutions helps our clients reach out to their customers on a regular basis. The week after a service, maintenance, or installation visit, we send an email to each customer promoting how important customer service is to the company. We ask the customer to rate their service experience.
- If they had a great customer service experience, we have a link to send them directly to the contractor’s Google Reviews. The link takes them exactly where they can leave a review, no extra steps or clicks……easy!
- If there was a problem, we have a link to a hidden landing page on the contractor’s website. The customer can leave comments which go directly to the HVAC company and are not seen by the general public
How This Helps Grow Your HVAC Business
- Referrals is an inexpensive way to gain new leads and ultimately new customers.
- Email marketing keeps you in touch with your current customers, prompts inactive customers to become active again, and promotes other services you offer. It also is a great way to become more efficient in scheduling maintenance and service visits.
- Reviews are what help people rate your company in today’s world. It also is a key component Google looks at for organic rankings for your website.
Sometimes it is the SIMPLE things that can matter the most! Remember the three Must Do’s for 2017 for your HVAC company: